· 2 x BFR Cuffs, consisting of module attached to a Velcro loop cuff
· USB Charging cable
· Mesh Bag Travel Case
· Care and use instructions
1. The BFR Cuff in-app screening assessment should be completed prior to The BFR Cuffs placement and use, including the integrity and quality of the skin.
2. Position the cuffs on your limb’s maximum circumference. For example:
LEG – Place cuff on the thigh at the proximal third of the thigh
ARM – Place cuff midway between the shoulder and elbow
1. Apply the appropriate limb protection material to the limb in the area selected for The BFR Cuff.
2. Grasp the application strap and position the module in the desired position on the limb.
3. Slide the fastening strap through the application loop.
4. Tension the cuff and secure the strap for a snug application of the cuff on the limb, at the maximum circumference.
You should be able to fit at least two fingers between skin and strap.
If only one finger fits, the cuff is too tight; if three fingers fit, the cuff is too loose.
A loose cuff will require higher pressure to stop blood flow and may slide to an unsafe position on the limb during use.
It is not safe to use both arm and leg cuffs at the same time. Therefore we only recommend using either your arms, or leg cuffs, independently depending on your workout.
iPhone 5+ - Min. IOS 10.0
Most Android devices - Min. Android 5.0
Requires Bluetooth LE 4.0
If the BFR Cuffs have been used with another device, they will be “locked” to that device, meaning they will not pair with another smart device, when the original device is still within close proximity.
To allow the BFR Cuffs to be used with a new smart device, please click the SAGA on original smart device and in the SAGA app settings screen, press "Forget & Disconnect", you're free to pair to another device.
1. Toggle Bluetooth on/off (this step will remedy most issues),
2. Power the BFR Cuffs on/off (hold down module button for 3 seconds),
3. Ensure the BFR Cuffs are not paired elsewhere (follow how to "Forget & Disconnect" instructions above).
1. Ensure using latest version of the SAGA app (please go to App and Play store to check),
2. Ensure battery fully charged (as indicated in app),
3. Ensure air plugs firmly in place (follow steps below):
a. With fingers, feel cuff material where the module attaches to cuff.
b. Ensure the two plugs that connect air bladder to module are completely inserted by pushing down firmly with fingers.
4. Ensure no residual air is left in bladder – needs to be fully exhausted of air prior to calibrating (follow protocol),
5. Ensure body position suitable – stationary, non-tensed position,
6. Ensure cuff position suitable – upper most limb, module facing forward, charging port facing downwards,
7. Ensure the cuff is not on too tight – two finger gap between skin and strap.
1. Remain still – stationary, non-tensed position,
2. Check module in correct position – facing forward over artery,
3. Ensure air plugs firmly in place (follow steps below)
4. With fingers, feel cuff material where the module attaches to cuff.
5. Ensure the two plugs that connect air bladder to module are completely inserted by pushing down firmly with fingers.
6. Re-attempt inflation only after all residual air in bladder and been exhausted,
7. Try varying body positions – sitting knees at 90, sitting knee 180 and torso semi recumbent and lying.
1. Press deflate button in app,
2. Ensure no residual air is in bladder prior to pressing inflate,
3. If there is residual air left in bladder, please apply gentle pressure with hands to remove air and once air emptied
4. Press inflate button in-app (both cuffs will inflate now)
- Press the module button on the cuffs themselves to automatically re-connect to app
- Check top of screen to ensure the BFR Cuffs re-appear onscreen
- The BFR Cuffs have an auto-reconnect feature, which means they will remain paired to original paired smart-device.
- Prior to attempting to use the BFR Cuffs on a new smart device, please select click on the module next to the serial number of the paired BFR Cuff on the "Let's pair your BFR Cuffs" page.
- You will now see the "Forget & Disconnect BFR Cuffs” click this.
- You're now free to attempting pairing on a new smart device.
WEAR AND CARE INSTRUCTIONS
Your BFR Cuffs will help you achieve your goals for longer if take care of them, so when it comes to cleaning, we recommend the following:
1. Using a non-abrasive cloth e.g. mircofiber cloth,
2. Dilute a small amount of powdered detergent, in equal parts lightly warmed water,
3. Using the cloth, dab in water mixture, until cloth is lightly saturated,
4. Take the lightly saturated cloth, to main body of strap (avoiding contact with BFR Cuffs plastic electronics housing),
5. Once satisfied strap has been wiped down sufficiently,
6. Allow to air dry.
The BFR Cuffs module button also acts as an emergency stop,
- At any time while the cuff is inflated, pressing the module button will deflate the cuffs immediately.
- At any time, by pulling at the velcro application strap, The BFR Cuffs will come undone and be able to come off.
It is important to screen appropriately before you implement BFR into your training, particularly if you have one or many of the following medical contradictions:
- Current or previous history of Venous Thromboembolism (VTE)
* This is not an exhaustive list, it is important to be screened by a qualified health professional prior to implementing BFR training.
I'M HAVING TROUBLE INFLATING OR CALIBRATING THE BFR CUFFS?
1. Place your The BFR Cuffs on your limb. Please refer to wearing instructions to see how to properly place the The BFR Cuffs on your limbs. Ensure the The BFR Cuffs are on snugly, but not too tight (two fingers gap between skin and The BFR Cuffs).
2. Get into a comfortable recumbent and non-tensed position.
3. Pressure “Calibrate Pressure” and remain stationary. Note: Only 1 x The BFR Cuffs will inflate during calibration.
4. The BFR Cuffs will now Inflate to calculate safe BFR pressure.
5. The calibration will take approximately 1 minute to complete.
6. If calibration fails, you will receive the following message.
7. Please try again and repeat the above steps again and ensure the following.
If the The BFR Cuffs module is otherwise making all the correct sounds, it’s possible the module isn’t securely mated with the cuff – so that while the pump is operating, it mightn’t be filling the bladder.
Please try the following:
1. Push module to the bladder by pushing the module down directly onto the 4 locking pins.
2. With the module firmly attached, massage the area inside the cuff behind the two bladder intake ports – these will likely be felt as protruding from the inside of the cuff before being massaged into place.
With the module ‘popped-off’ you will now be able to see the two ‘bladder intake ports’ (2) and four ‘locking pins’ (1)
SHIPPING AND RETURNS
Once our warehouse has received your order, it’ll be processed and shipped within 2-3 business days.
Below are shipping estimates per region. If you haven’t received your package within 7-15 business days, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Domestic Shipping (Australia):
- Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane 2 – 5 days
- All other locations 5 to 12 days.
International Shipping (USA, Europe, UK):
- USA: 5-10 days
- Europe: 6-14 days
- UK: 5-9 days
- UAE: 9-15 days
If you have any queries regarding shipping location, please contact us at email@example.com, we will be happy to help or provide you with a shipping estimate.
Once your order has been placed, you’ll receive a confirmation email with the tracking information. Should you come across any issues with tracking your package, please feel free to reach out to us firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll work to resolve the issue as soon as possible.
We have a very small window of time after an order is placed to make any changes, however, we’re always happy to assist as best we can. Should you need to make any edits to your order, please contact us at email@example.com and we’ll be more than happy to help.
For any issues pertaining to your order, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll work with the mail courier to investigate further into the status of your order.
If there is any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, you have 30 days to return it with a money-back guarantee or product exchange.
- Returns are accepted within the first 30 days from the date of purchase. If you are within your first 30 days, please reach out to our Customer Support Team via email at email@example.com
- Once we receive your email, a member of our team will provide you with a Return Authorization Form to complete and send back to us. The form MUST be included with your return. Please keep in mind, we do not cover the shipping cost for the returned device. We advise that you hold onto your tracking information as we are not responsible for lost packages by the carrier.
- Once we receive the return device to our warehouse, it will take approximately 2 business day to process a refund or ship your new product.
- Once we issue the refund, it can take 5-7 business days for it to reflect in your original method of payment or for you to receive your new pair of cuffs.
Exact return addresses will be provided by our customer experience team during the return process.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re happy to help.
If any malfunctions occur, your limited warranty covers:
- The BFR Cuffs module for 1 year
- The BFR Cuffs battery and charger for 1 year
This warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse or abuse, accident, liquids, including but not limited to, water or lotions, the attachment of any unauthorized accessories, alteration to the product, improper use, unauthorized repairs or modifications, improper use of electrical power supply, loss of power, variation in line voltage, dropped product, malfunction or damage of an operating part from failure to provide manufacturer’s recommended maintenance, transportation damage, theft, neglect, vandalism or environmental conditions.
This warranty provided herein shall be the sole and exclusive warranty. There shall be no other warranties expressed or implied, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness, or any other obligation on the part of the company with respect to products covered by this warranty. SAGA shall have no liability for any incidental, consequential or special damages. In no event shall this warranty require more than the repair or replacement of any part or parts which is found to be defective within the effective warranty period. No refunds will be given. If replacement parts for defective and materials are not available, SAGA reserves the right to make product substitutions in lieu of repair or replacement.